‘Tis the season for Pumpkin… and limited free time. If you’re tired of sweet pumpkin pie like I am, but still have an extra can of pumpkin laying around, this is a great recipe for you to whip up for a quick meal (or even as meal prep dish) since the holidays usually mean limited time to cook.
To make the recipe even easier, I took a shortcut and used frozen meatballs as the protein but any protein can be used and vegetables can be also be added.
The curry sauce is also great over rice or pasta, or even just over vegetables. It’s a fun, healthy, and flexible recipe for this holiday season! It’s Vegetarian friendly as well!
The recipe below makes about 5 servings.
1/2 lb of protein
1 Can pureed pumpkin (~2 cups)
1 Cup of Broth (Chicken or Vegetable)
1/3 Cup of Milk (any kind, or heavy cream for a creamier texture)
1/4 Finely Diced Onion
2 Teaspoon of Curry Powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Garam Masala
1 1/2 Teaspoon of Honey
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
1. Mix everything (except the protein) into a pot and heat over medium heat.
2. When the sauce comes to a boil, add your choice of protein.
3. Simmer for 10-20 minutes (depending on the protein used) until the protein is fully cooked.
4. While sauce is simmering, cook pasta or rice.
5. Serve with rice or pasta. Note: For a low carb option, serve with spiralized vegetables or spaghetti squash!
p.s. I’m a fan of spices so I added hot peppers for an extra kick.
So, ready to get preppin’? Leave us a comment below!